Friday, August 21, 2009

Got a Bee in My Bonnet

You could say I have a Bee in my bonnet cause I have been as busy as a bee making do-rags and bonnets this week. Just some more things for the craft shows coming up. I'm not sure about bonnets around the fall time of year but do-rags sell well here in West Virginia. I am the only one here that sells a larger size do-rag. Most of the do-rags you buy don't really fit a larger head or head with hair. My sister not too long ago asked me to make her several for someone she knows that has a ton of hair and the regular sizes just wouldn't fit him. So I drew up a larger one and they sell well. If you would like the pattern you can go to my tutorial site and download your own to make. It's over on the right side of screen here.


And just to let those of you who have been following this for awhile. My niece's baby shower was the other day. It was a lovely shower. My sister did all the decorations. Most from balloons. She did one of those balloon arches over the gift table. She also did a balloon topiary tree center piece for each table. That was really cool looking. She took a piece of 6" x 6" wood, drilled a small hole in the center then put a length of dowel rod in the center. She then attached balloons in several section along with ribbon and added a balloon animal that she did herself. I was really impressed with the balloon animals (Tigger, Pooh, weenie dogs, elephants and a few more). She got the directions for them on youtube.
It's amazing what one can find on youtube. Every time I look for an idea, I go there and find something worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment