Saturday, February 23, 2013

Well the craft show is over and it was a bust. But I don't feel too bad because no one was selling anything. Everyone just barely cover the cost of their table. With economy so bad, I am sure most people are like me and really try to be a little frugal.
I wanted to show you the cute little key chains I made for that show. I took them to work a day or two later because someone wanted to see them and sold almost all of them.
These are so easy to make. All you need is a few scraps of fabric, a small piece of fusible interfacing and 2 -1 inch keyrings.
Measure your fabric 13" long by 3" wide.
Cut your interfacing 12" by 1" wide
Iron the interfacing to the inside of fabric centering it down the middle.
Fold the fabric twiced to get a strap that is 1 inch wide. Sew along the folded edge. I iron mine for a nice crisp edge.
Now slide the strap inside one of the keychain circles. Trim your raw end edges and sew the strap ends together. Then fold the strap inhalf making sure that end seam is as close as you can get to the keyring but still far enough away so you can sew another seam that will hold the ring in place.
And that's all there is to it.
You now have a cute keychain that you can match up with a cute little pouch you can make.
I sold all of the little puppy paw keychains. I also sold alot of the heart ones I guess because it was a few days until Valentine's Da.
Well until next time.
Happy crafting, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment