Monday, March 2, 2009

One UFO down....

Finished House quilt.
Tacked together. I love this block.

I'm working on my spring time bird quilt in the evenings while I watch TV. I am hand stitching around the birds and fruit in the center panel.
Slow going though.
I am also working on another UFO that I have been working on for about 2 years.
I'm not sure what design it is but it has a starburst pattern appliqued onto a plain background. The first try, I didn't have a pattern just one single piece. I sewed 15 pieces together and then added a center circle. Making it look like a flower. After that I cut out all the background blocks and realized I had cut them all about 2 inches too short. So I put it away. Months later pulled them out and embroidered something in the center of each one. Then I put it away. Life has a way of getting in the way... so here it is 2 years later and I am just about ready to finish appliquing them onto the plain background blocks.
Now all I need to do is add batting and a back fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment