Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tried a Boutique Style Look

Made my youngest granddaughter a boutique style outfit.

It took about 5 hours to make. It wouldn't have took that long but I was using the serger and broke a thread. Now I have had this serger for over 2 years but never pulled it out of the box until recently. It sat on my sewing table for weeks before I got brave enough to use it.

So when the thread broke I spent about 30 minutes trying to rethread it. I never did get it threaded. I guess I'll try again in a day or two.

The brown fabric I have had for about a year. I was going to make a pair of pants but really didn't get into it. The flower print is a searsucker from Walmart. I only had a 1/2 yard of it.
I appliqued the little heart in the middle of the shirt/dress. I am not a real good appliquer. If you up close you could see a tad bit of raggy edge to the heart.
Oh well, it's an original.

The pattern is "It's So Easy" 2684. But I modified it quite alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment